Natural ventilation is the process of supplying and removing air through an indoor space without using mechanical systems. The windows should be on high-level places (2m or more from the finished floor level) in an attempt to create a cross-ventilation effect.
- Convenient, easy to use.
- Space and cost savings, compared with mechanical systems (no requirements for plant rooms, duct work, new filters, duct cleaning).
- Reduction in CO2 emissions.
- Can be used as building blocks in creating automated and integrated ventilation systems.
- Suitable to control window sashes and louvre banks.
- End users can override automated operations (to avoid a feeling of no control).
Due to the flexible nature of the system, it is possible to design systems with advanced features:
Application 1: Automated System
Automated System responds to the environmental conditions like rain, temperature and wind directly, using sensors. The system also allows for override function, thus allowing end-users to retain final control of the system.
Application 2: Integrated System
D+H Mechatronic natural ventilation components fit perfectly with other mechanical services, commonly named a Building Management System (BMS). The natural ventilation system effectively becomes a secondary system, completely controlled by BMS.
- VCD Series chain drives.
- CDC Series chain drives.
- KA Series chain drives.
- ZA Series rack and pinion drives.
- GVL control panels.
- LT vent buttons.